ThrowBack

A Love Unlike

I want a love that’s worth a lifetime,
A one-of-a-kind love,
Never replicated but inspires people to search for their own unique love, 
A love that stops my heart and with a smile rejuvenates it, 
A love where a simple touch sends chills down my spine, 
Where he makes my name sound beautiful between his lips, 
A love that makes commitment less daunting than its absence from my life, 
A love that puts a new meaning to the word, 
A love that outshines those that came before,
A love that shows me it is worth the wait, 
A love where I would simply give and want of nothing because, 
In return, I receive everything,
A love that is 
“Patient and kind, that does not envy or boast, it is not proud nor easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs, a love that does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth, a love that always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres,” 
A love that God ordained in His book and wished for each one of us to have, 
A love that only He can give if I wait patiently on Him. 
That is the kind of love I want…

No comments