Watch Where You Focus

I'm an observer. I like talking but I like watching as well. I like seeing how people do things and figuring out what aspects I can use for my own life.

I remember once in grad school, I looked to my mentor for guidance, the type where someone holds your hand because with a science background, a writing career was new territory and I needed all the help I could get. But then I realized he didn't have it for me. And that's nothing on him, he was a good mentor, but it was unfair of me to have that type of expectation not only for him, but for anyone else.

No one in this life has that type of holy-grail advice.

Don't allow anyone to tell you otherwise: No one in this life has that type of holy-grail advice.

But me being me, the habit of looking towards someone else to have that advice is hard to let go of, especially when the world is going bonkers.

I see myself going through timelines, on different news outlets, trying to make sense of these senseless killings and heated debates and I get more lost as to what I should think, how I should feel, what I should do.

And I come up empty. But then I remember what Jesus said to His disciples, "I have told you these things so that in Me you will have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

What's happening right now may be a surprise to you, it may be devastating to you, but it's not to God.

He doesn't share our perspective. You may not see a solution but God does: He makes all things good.

When you look to the world all you will see is trouble. The world holds no hope, that was stripped from it when sin entered the scene. When you look to the world, you won't see it point to God because it doesn't worship or glorify God. God is not its heart's desire. And if He is yours, it's nerve-racking not to see the same where you live.

But luckily, we don't have to look to the world for hope. We have Jesus. He came into the world to bridge the gap between us and God, our one true hope. We never have to accept anything from the world's brokenness, not when we have a Father in heaven who wants the best for us.

In this world, we will have trouble but in God, we will always have peace and hope no matter what happens.

And when you ask, God will answer you. When you seek Him, He will be found by you. When you knock, He'll open the door for you.

The world may have immediate delivery but it will never satisfy.

God, on the other hand, is worth the wait, always.

So when you're looking for answers don't look around. There's nothing here.

Shift your focus upwards and know He has everything you've been searching for.

Yes, everything.

No comments